[tech] Centre table...

Davyd 'proXy' Madeley davyd at zdlcomputing.com
Mon Feb 17 15:43:51 WST 2003

Before this gets flamey...

On Mon, 2003-02-17 at 15:29, Grahame Bowland (UCC) wrote:

> Firstly, PC's can have wireless. Please observe the wireless gateway
> flying.

The PC's people bring in don't have wireless. I know they _can_ have
wireless, but it's not exactly a common occurance.

> Secondly, people bringing in their own PCs and setting them up on the
> centre table just gets *antisocial*. Sitting around with laptops is
> fine, but I don't suppose you remember a UCC when we had decent couches
> and sat on them and talked.

I know people sit on the couch(es) and talk. However, people also set up
on the centre table, and do their machines there. People aren't going to
set up around the room where there is little to no space at all.

> If you want to bring in your own PC, fine. Set it up somewhere but do
> not steal the ethernet from or in any way render unusable a UCC
> terminal.

This is the problem isn't it. There are about 7 ip's you can DHCP from
around the clubroom, and very few working ethernet ports. Do you see the
problem yet?

--
http://davyd.ucc.asn.au/

PGP Fingerprint <http://davyd.ucc.asn.au/pgp>
08B0 341A 0B9B 08BB 2118  C060 2EDD BB4F 5191 6CDA