[tech] proposed routing changes

Adrian Chadd adrian at ucs.uwa.edu.au
Mon Oct 27 11:26:16 WST 2003

hi guys,

A couple of things.

I'd like to move your routing interface for the guild vlan off
villa and onto gringo, the switch you're plugged into.

This'll involve:

* shutting down vlan13 on villa, which currently is 130.95.100.0/24
* bringing up vlan13 on gringo, which should automagically have
  the routing work
* bring up the temporary UCC hacks:
  - 192.168.13.1/24 on vlan13
  - route 130.95.13.0/24, 172.25.42.0/24 and 203.24.97.224/27 to
    192.168.13.2

This is to (a) make things cleaner and (b) allow UCC to eventually
just be a VLAN rather than the current aliased setup.

Your connectivity will drop for a couple of minutes whilst I make
the change. If it messes up, I'll just revert it. Total downtime,
(assuming something subtle breaks and I have to fix it) will be
10 or so minutes.

When would be a good time to do this?

Thanks!

Adrian

--
Adrian Chadd				University of Western Australia
<adrian at ucs.uwa.edu.au>			CRICOS: 00126G