[tech] IRC abuse

Bruce Murphy packrat at ucs.uwa.edu.au
Wed Aug 25 12:41:00 WST 2004

Yesterday a g-line was placed on the UWA socks server. It was extremely
difficult getting it removed because of reported abuse by various
austnet opers from mussel.ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au. Specifically, the opers
have noticed that people being glined for various abuses while logged in
from elsewhere immediately turn up on the network again from mussel.

I'm currently organising things to ensure that abuse by UCC members does
not affect other members of the university, and I'm organising that
reports of abuse by anyone on campus gets filtered through UCS.
Naturally we will pass on reports relevant to the UCC.

I would appreciate UCC members being made aware of the non-happiness of
austnet in general that the UCC is being use as a g-line avoiding
resource.

--
Packrat - Bruce Murphy (UCS projects)
Nihil illegitemi carborvndvm