[tech] problems with TV-out

Anil Sharma maset at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Wed Feb 4 21:07:29 WST 2004

Hi,

I have a Geforce 2 and it displays perfectly to my TV through an composite
cable with just the OS (XP) desktop showing.  However, when playing movies
onto the TV there appears out of nowhere lots of horizontal lines --- which
get especially bad with block colour (like in Astroboy *sobs*).  This
happens with DVD, DIVX and even Real Media clips.  It isn't a zero
groun-loop problem.  I was thinking it is interference... but why would it
not manifest itself with block colour from displaying the desktop?

Any ideas?

Oh, the computer is only 1M from the TV.

Cheers,
Anil.
BSc. (Neuroscience) Hons.