[tech] spam control

Matt Johnston matt at ucc.asn.au
Fri Feb 13 12:37:43 WST 2004

On Fri, Feb 13, 2004 at 12:20:02PM +0800, Davyd wrote:
> Spam would seem to be out of control to david at ucc along with the usual
> suspects of webmasters@, door@ and committee@
>
> Perhaps someone would like to tweak spamassassin with a UCC specific
> ruleset, increasing the scores for posts to each of these lists by a
> little.

I've been running my own procmail rules for these addresses, and just
putting anything with X-Spam-Status:.*HTML into the spam folder. Seems to
work well. I'm not entirely sure how to implement this in spamassassin (ie
it gets a bonus for being tagged as a likely list (which in itself gets a
0.0 score), as well as having HTML).

I'll poke it when I have time.