[tech] spam control

Matt Johnston matt at ucc.asn.au
Fri Feb 13 14:30:14 WST 2004

On Fri, Feb 13, 2004 at 12:37:43PM +0800, Matt Johnston wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 13, 2004 at 12:20:02PM +0800, Davyd wrote:
> > Spam would seem to be out of control to david at ucc along with the usual
> > suspects of webmasters@, door@ and committee@
> >
> > Perhaps someone would like to tweak spamassassin with a UCC specific
> > ruleset, increasing the scores for posts to each of these lists by a
> > little.
>
> I've been running my own procmail rules for these addresses, and just
> putting anything with X-Spam-Status:.*HTML into the spam folder. Seems to
> work well. I'm not entirely sure how to implement this in spamassassin (ie
> it gets a bonus for being tagged as a likely list (which in itself gets a
> 0.0 score), as well as having HTML).

OK, the "meta" rule type looks good. I've added the following, if there's
some I've forgotten, let me know. Mailman lists at UCC already have HTML
messages moderated.

# ucc mail aliases which get lotsa spam, and shouldn't be getting HTML
header UCC_ALIAS        To ~= /(camp|webmasters|door|david)@ucc/i
describe Sent to UCC alias
score UCC_ALIAS         0

meta UCC_ALIAS_HTML     (UCC_ALIAS && HTML_MESSAGE)
describe UCC alias mail with html
score UCC_ALIAS_HTML    4.9