[tech] ssh.ucc.asn.au

Alastair Irvine alastair at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Mon Jun 27 16:44:40 WST 2005

On Tue, 26 April, 2005 at 03:52:52PM +0800, Nick Bannon wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 26, 2005 at 03:42:16PM +0800, Andrew Bailey wrote:
> > Hi,
> > using charged ssh does not seem to work anymore. Is this on purpose?
>
> It's not working with passwords right now, due to people trying to make
> it use LDAP. Matt was trying, someone else gave it a go as well. Any
> ideas?

This still does not appear to be working.  How about we make it use NIS
again?  (I know my password works, because I frequently use it to log into
UCC webmail and X sessions in the clubroom.)

  morwong% ssh -o 'PreferredAuthentications password' ssh
  |  This is node Mussel at The University of WA - for authorised clients only  |
  | WARNING: Misuse of computer access can attract criminal penalties, civil    |
  |          liability for third party loss and university disciplinary action. |

  alastair at ssh's password:
  Permission denied, please try again.

--
... "Gosh, I bet that dragon bite really smarts!"