[tech] WAIX Routing ETA

Grahame Bowland grahame at angrygoats.net
Tue Mar 1 19:58:21 WST 2005

On Thu, Feb 17, 2005 at 11:55:34AM +0800, David Adam wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Feb 2005, Grahame Bowland wrote:
> >
> > I don't want to bug them further about this, as they're pretty much
> > doing it because they're nice, not because they have to.
> >

> Cool. Thanks for the update.

Hi guys

WAIX routing won't be back for some time.

I talked to the guys at AARNET today. They spent a significant amount of
time on it yesterday, and have decided that attempting to treat the WAIX
only subnet differently is just too painful.

They have a bunch of routers in Perth now, not just one.. and several
links, and they don't want to put the config everywhere to make sure
that the WAIX route doesn't get advertised to the world.

What I can do is provide UCC with a list of networks that are WAIX. We
can then load that list into the router. The only problem is the
potential liability if someone is leaching and WAIX is down...

Anyway, committee members: I'm (one) of the the UCC's plants in UCS..
instruct me!

 - Grahame