[tech] manbo and machine room upgrades

James Andrewartha trs80 at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Mon Nov 21 21:18:36 WST 2005

Now that exams are over, it's time to upgrade manbo and restore order to
the machine room. I'm thinking a Sunday is the best time, otherwise a
Tuesday or Thursday is also good with me.

In preparation to upgrading manbo to opensolaris (mmm, ZFS goodness), I've
been checking on disk usage on manbo. The largest items are bacula's mysql
tables, which will go away when I move backups to martello, and nfs logs
of /services - can anyone remember why we were logging /services? Oh, and
a GB of crash data in /var/crash/manbo, which I'm going to delete unless
someone has a good reason not to.

# UCC Wheel Member     http://trs80.ucc.asn.au/ #|  what squirrels do best     |