[tech] manbo, ldap, stuff

James Andrewartha trs80 at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Sat Feb 10 00:42:07 WST 2007

So I've been playing around with the Sun LDAP server on the E250, and I
think I know how to properly install and configure it. So I propose to
install it on manbo and have a shot at converting all of our
authentication to LDAP.

As a precursor to this, I want to upgrade manbo to the latest Solaris
Express, move /opt to a separate volume, and attatch the A1000. The last
will require getting a HVD terminator from somewhere. I'm thinking Sunday
will be a good day to get the upgrade and /opt move done, the E250 can
easily be set up as a netinstall server so the upgrade should proceed
fairly quickly.

For LDAP, http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2005-March/101579.html
looks useful, and we can sit around and work out what other issues there
might be while manbo's upgrading.

# UCC Wheel Member     http://trs80.ucc.asn.au/ #|  what squirrels do best     |