[tech] UPDATE Incident Notification: Resnet Internet connection outage [Ticket#: 2007091243000887]

ITS Notices itsnotices at admin.uwa.edu.au
Wed Sep 12 17:59:06 WST 2007

The Resnet link was restored earlier today but the link is still showing
errors according to the carrier, Silk Telecom.  Silk are continuing to
investigate the problem and meanwhile users may experience some degradation
in the service.

We will inform you when we have further news.

~~~~~~~~~

Original Incident notice details:

Incident:                      Resnet link to the wider Internet is down

This notice sent to:      Colleges' General Enquiries; St Catherine's Head;
UCC President; UCC tech support

Services affected:         All communication between Resnet and the wider
Internet.

Date:                             Current - Wednesday, 12th September 2007

Details:                          The Residential Colleges' & UCC link to
the wider Internet has been down since 5pm Tuesday evening. This will impact
all Resnet users. There is no problem with the link to the University
campus, just to the wider Internet. The carrier, Silk Telecom, is
investigating the problem. We will inform you when we have further news.

Areas affected:               College residents and members of the
University Computer Club who use the Resnet link for Internet connectivity.

How you can help:          Please inform all college residents and UCC
members of the outage.

For further information on the above notification or general information
regarding ITS, please email ITS Client Services, ITS-help at uwa.edu.au, or
alternatively, phone 6488-2822. You can also find information regarding this
notification on the ITS Network Status Notices web page at
<http://notices.ucs.uwa.edu.au/status.html>
http://notices.ucs.uwa.edu.au/status.html

Regards
Marie Corrigan
Manager Client Services  M463
Information Technology Services
The University of Western Australia
Email: marie.corrigan at uwa.edu.au
Phone: +61 8 6488 2612   Fax: +61 8 6488 1109