[tech] Removal of my machine 'spaghetti' and note about game server 'heath'

Rufus Garton Smith rvvs89 at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Sun Jun 21 18:58:11 WST 2009

Hi all,

Due to the growing number and magnitude of thefts at UCC, I have removed
my desktop machine 'spaghetti' that was previously positioned next to the
machine room. We clearly need to investigate some way of securing hardware
in the clubroom to make it harder for thieves to walk out with expensive
items like LCD monitors.

Also, with the LAN coming up in a couple of weeks, it seems appropriate to
mention the existence of the games server 'heath'. It is one of the
machines donated by Fugro and will hopefully be running a variety of game
servers in time for the Independence LAN. All of wheel's ssh keys are in
the authorized keys file for root, if anyone not in wheel wants access or
wants to request a particular game be installed please email me.

Regards,

Rufus