[tech] New aircon (was: Anyone in the clubroom?)

James Andrewartha trs80 at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Mon Mar 23 16:55:24 WST 2009

On Mon, 16 Mar 2009, James Andrewartha wrote:

> However, now's a good a time as any to start the new aircon discussion.
> Since we have all these 1RU Xeons it'd be nice to run them. Our current
> aircon is ~2.25kW (1HP) and is basically at capacity. We have a 15A
> socket, which limits us to ~6kW cooling. As an example,
> http://www.theelectricdiscounter.com.au/asps/productpage1.asp?model=KWH62CRA&extwarranty=3EWAPP1000
> is $799 + $45 delivery.

I've done some more research, and this model is the only window-wall
airconditioner of ~6kW available in australia. Split systems are more
expensive and also have installation costs. So my recommedation is we
start fundraising towards buying this model. The only question is whether
to go for the $99 extended warranty, which takes it from 2 years to 7 years.

# UCC Wheel Member     http://trs80.ucc.asn.au/ #|  what squirrels do best     |