[tech] New aircon (was: Anyone in the clubroom?)

Nick Bannon nick at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Tue Mar 24 00:08:31 WST 2009

On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 11:56:22PM +0900, James French wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 11:12 PM, Anil Sharma <Grand Poobah Maset> <maset at ucc.asn.au> wrote:
> > The problem with portable aircons is where to put the water they condense.
>
> To be pedantic just for the sake of it, the water needs to go outside,
> it's more a question of how ;)

The Whirlpool FAQ recommends a couple of models of DeLonghi and Mistral -
the cheapest DeLonghi claims that it has "No-drip technology: for faster
cooling efficiency and no need to empty the water tank."

http://whirlpool.net.au/wiki/?tag=aircon_faq
http://www.delonghi.com.au/products/product_details.asp?Model=PACC100

Though a budget model, mounted at window height would probably do; or
I have a water-activated alarm that could trigger an electric shower pump.

Nick.

--
   Nick Bannon   | "I made this letter longer than usual because
nick-sig at rcpt.to | I lack the time to make it shorter." - Pascal