[tech] New Cameras in UCC

Jacques Chester jacques at chester.id.au
Tue May 12 15:37:43 WST 2009

On 12/05/2009, at 3:26 PM, James Andrewartha wrote:

> On Tue, 12 May 2009, Anil Sharma <Grand Poobah Maset> wrote:
>
>> Are these cameras of a sufficient quality to be useful to the
>> police / public
>> prosecutors?
>>
>> I doubt it.
>
> To be used as evidence in court unlikely, to identify the thief well
> enough to execute a warrant, perhaps. IANAL. Jacques, Scott?

That's what I would expect. Remember also that police are also very
good at arresting people for probable cause and getting them to
'fess up. Or getting their friends to 'fess up. And so on.

It's a bit like debugging. The useless error message from GCC may
not point directly to the solution, but it's the first piece of the
puzzle.

Cheers,

JC.

IAARLSNAL (recovering law student, not a lawyer).