[tech] New Cameras in UCC

Leighton Haynes dayta at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Tue May 12 15:39:29 WST 2009

On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 03:26:00PM +0800, James Andrewartha wrote:
> On Tue, 12 May 2009, Anil Sharma <Grand Poobah Maset> wrote:
>
> > Are these cameras of a sufficient quality to be useful to the police / public
> > prosecutors?
> >
> > I doubt it.
>
> To be used as evidence in court unlikely, to identify the thief well
> enough to execute a warrant, perhaps. IANAL. Jacques, Scott?

My experience is outdated - but last I was involved with this stuff digital
compression of an image was a serious problem for using images due to the
potential for photoshopping and the general poor quality.

They're helpful for the cops to identify and catch them with their stuff etc
though.

Cheers,
Leighton...

#0421 113 305 - dayta at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
"Linux is legacy, but it will be a start." Ken Kutaragi - SCE