[tech] Some Parts wanted (Diodes)

Andrew Williams andrew at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Tue Sep 8 10:15:26 WST 2009

mitch at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> Im looking for some parts that i cant dind at DSE/Jaycar/Altronics.
> Would anyone have the following:
>
> DS18S20 or DS18B20 (I have 2 but require 4)

I haven't looked, but RS has everything, if you don't mind paying a lot for it:

http://australia.rs-online.com/web/

> 1N5228 3.9v zener diode x4
> 1N5234 6.2v zener diode x4

The 1N47XX range of Zeners that Jaycar sells are the 1A versions of the 1N52XX
range (500mA). I'd guess they'd be an equivilant part for most purposes.

> 1N5818 Schottky diode x4

The only difference between the 5818 and the 5819 (that Jaycar sells) is that
the 5819 has a higher maximum reverse voltage (40V vs 30V) and a slightly higher
forward voltage (0.6V versus 0.55V).

In both cases, the Jaycar part is just higher specced for the main function, and
slightly more expensive (not something to worry about unless you're buying
thousands). The tradeoff in other parameters for increased power and reverse
voltage, respectively, probably won't bother you unless it's a very finicky circuit.

Andrew