[tech] Curdane

bob at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au bob at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Wed Sep 23 09:01:36 WST 2009

Hi all,

We have a new(ish/er) computer that has been donated. It's about the same specs as Cephalopod. I have installed win xp on it, and it has 20GB free for other linux installations. All I need now is some kind, knowledgeable wheel member to do all the stuff listed on http://wiki.ucc.asn.au/StandardOperatingEnvironment?highlight=(standard)|(environment)|(operating[1]) that only a wheel member can do (I believe all of the things can be done remotely). The computers name is curdane.

I will be around the clubroom until around 12 today.

Thanks, Bob (broadband in a box!)

PS: Curdane could also do with a slightly better screen than what's in the graveyard, anyone got a spare 17" floating around?

Links:
------
[1] http://wiki.ucc.asn.au/StandardOperatingEnvironment?highlight=(standard)|(environment)|(operating