[tech] membership enquiry

Luke Williams shmookey at shmookey.net
Mon Feb 1 14:16:39 WST 2010

Hi Simon,

If your VPN problems include being kicked off constantly then the
chances are very good that the problem is with the software
configuration on your computer or a hardware error (at the wireless
layer), and it is unlikely that you will find our VPN to be any more
stable. Additionally, the internet connection you'll get through our
VPN is pretty slow and with the new quota restrictions for students
(1gb/day) there is more reason than ever to try to fix your problem
rather than step around it. You might be able to find help at UCC with
your issue, but you'll probably have better luck visiting the Student
Internet Support Office at either the Reid or Science library, who are
much better equipped (and paid) to fix these kind of issues.

That said, I certainly don't want to talk you out of joining our club!
If you are interested in joining I encourage you to come along to our
stall on O'Day - we have a $5 first-time member special for guild
members.

Regards,

Luke Williams
UCC Wheel Member