[tech] RESNet speeds

Matt Didcoe mattman at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Tue Feb 2 14:36:22 WST 2010

Hey all,

Further to Richard Wotherspoon's email last Friday about the packet shaper
being removed, progress is being made to obtain the new equipment and ITS
hope to have it all in place by the time semester starts on February 22nd -
this is still up in the air though as vendors are experiencing delays
getting equipment to UWA.

At this stage, as you're all aware, the link has therefore been dropped
back to the original slow speeds we were experiencing before the trial.

This doesn't appear to have caused any major issues other than a bit of a
slow down when browsing the net at the club (but it's been quiet anyway...)

Further updates to come as we hear more from ITS.

Cheers
--
Matt Didcoe [MRD]
UCC Wheel Member