[tech] 4x Sunfire v20z's from FAHSS

James French frenchie at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Tue Feb 16 11:29:23 WST 2010

Well, to be quite honst, I'd also prefer it if we stuck with Samba as
it fits better with the tinkering nature of the club. AD is something
that's easy to fuck up when you have too many chefs in the kitchen.
See my first email

> I have both of these prepared, I might take a long lunch and setup
> Windows on one of the two hosts not intended for VMWare (keeping the
> one remaining host as spare parts). I'd strongly reccomend that we
> don't rush into AD and that we actually spend a bit of time thinking
> about how we're going to do it properly.

The subtle undertone was there about my reservations about AD :). That
said, a windows server probably _is_ something the club wants, so I'm
planning on building that all the same.

F.