[tech] UCC ext-mx

Matt Johnston matt at ucc.asn.au
Mon May 17 20:03:50 WST 2010

Hi.

Matt Didcoe noticed outgoing mail wasn't working right from some
machines (perhaps just martello), turned out that martello
was waiting to connect to ext-mx.ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au on
130.95.13.15. I thought that was meant to be .13.12, I've
changed it back now, and things seem working. Anyone know
how it changed?

ucc.machines's date was
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 26773 May 14 22:02 ucc.machines

The reason martello's using ext-mx rather than mailhost is
that mailhost.ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au has a MX record pointing to
ext-mx. I think that is probably wrong, though won't change
it now.