[tech] New thinterm

Bob Adamson bob at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Thu Nov 4 23:29:05 WST 2010

On Fri, 29 Oct 2010, Bob Adamson wrote:
> Now we just have to figure out what's causing the virtual terminal issues,
> and the thinterms will be pretty useful (will be able to use shell, and
> rdp to maaxen). The current problem is that you only seem to have one
> choice - you can't CTRL+ALT to any other screen. Any suggestions?

Zanchey, tpg and myself have been beating the thinterms into submission
over the last few days. Between us, we've got:

-sound working on debian using pulseaudio,
-usb memory sticks working on debian,
-Windows remote desktop to maaxen (ctrl-alt-F6, currently limited to wheel
only, returns to ltsp desktop manager on logout)

Given that we only have 2 terminal licences for maaxen, it may be worth
getting another 2 (to cover the 3 thinterms plus one other remote user).
Anyone know where we can easily get a couple?

Bob Adamson
UCC Treasurer

|"Bureaucracy is a challenge to the be conquered with a righteous        |
|attitude, an intolerance for stupidity, and a bulldozer when necessary" |
| ---Peter's Laws                                                        |