[tech] Maaxen and Motsugo News

Bob Adamson bob at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Fri Jun 17 21:50:17 WST 2011

Due to a post-exam "I have done nothing but study all week" rage, some
stuff got done today:

Maaxen has been moved from 130.95.13.55 to 130.95.13.72, which means it is
now on the clubroom vlan. This was done so that winadmins can be added to
the administrators group. As far as I know, nothing has been broken but
poke me if it does.

[FEL] kindly donated a stack of DDR3 ECC RAM to the club, allowing us to
completely fill motsugo with 2GB sticks. This required a little downtime
(where a few other things were fixed/broken too), but it now has 24GB of
RAM. For some reason the new RAM wasn't compatible with the original
stuff, so we did a complete switch and now have 12G of spare.

Andrew Adamson
UCC President
bob at ucc.asn.au

|"The faster you move, the slower time passes, the longer you live."     |
| ---Peter's Laws                                                        |