[tech] Auction TOMORROW for UPS

Bob Adamson bob at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Wed Mar 9 13:00:16 WST 2011

Hi all,

There's an auction coming up TOMORROW at Ross's[1], where some new 3kVA
Liebert PS3000RT-230 UPS's are going to be auctioned. If possible, I would
like to get one of these for the club, as well as an extra battery unit.
They are 2RU rack mount with 15 plugs - which will mean that we would be
buying it with no guarantee that we can power it. Mark Tearle tells me the
addition of another 15A socket in the machine room will cost around $500.

I don't have any experience with UPS's - has anyone on the list used these
before and can tell us if they're crap or not? Also, can anyone suggest
how much we should be bidding on them?

Bob Adamson
UCC President

|"Bureaucracy is a challenge to the be conquered with a righteous        |
|attitude, an intolerance for stupidity, and a bulldozer when necessary" |
| ---Peter's Laws                                                        |

[1]http://www.auctions.com.au/auctions/2011/03/10/massive-it-clearance-auction-including-imac-core-2-macbook-hp-printers-and-cisco-equipment.html#672