[tech] New UWA network interface options

Bob Adamson bob at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Wed Oct 19 09:40:24 WST 2011

On Wed, 19 Oct 2011, James Andrewartha wrote:
<snip>
> Incidentally, madako will need to be upgraded/replaced as its uplink is
> only 100Mbit at the moment.
</snip>

That's what murasoi is for - it has 4 gigabit interfaces, though I'm not
sure what the backplane is capable of. Murasoi is a Sunfire X4200 and is
currently running, but its setup needs maybe two hours to finish (routing,
fw, vpn, others?). One of its power supplies died a few weeks back, a new
one will cost us $145:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-Sun-Microsystems-DS550-3-PSU-300-1945-03-/360256571486

Andrew Adamson
UCC President
bob at ucc.asn.au

|"The faster you move, the slower time passes, the longer you live."     |
| ---Peter's Laws                                                        |