[tech] NetApp setup

Alex Dawson alex at theducks.org
Sat Mar 24 11:49:07 WST 2012

Protip - I would have called them nortel-a and nortel-b - while the sep. controllers each own different sets of disks by default, they can move, and keeping it clear which HA Pair owns which is helpful. When you only have one NetApp, it's fine though. When you have 10, it's less optimal

.. not like a co-worker of mine did with the first three NetApps 3170s we bought before I started at UBC, "kitsilano/quilchena", "hastings/strathcona" and "oakridge/kerrisdale". The new ones are called "SCPGKLNK301-A/B", "SCPLFSC301-A/B" and "SCOKEMEBL01-A/B"

</bastard>