[tech] Some issues with Porcupine

Ranz Adamson ranz at ranzs.com
Tue May 7 23:16:07 WST 2013

Hi Tech@,

A few members, including myself, have noticed some erratic behaviour with
Porcupine. X has been freezing, and then the machine completely locks up.
There are other weird things like programs closing, programs locking up and
not being able to be killed without sudo user privelages.

I suspect there could be a memory issue - so I'm going to run a memtest. I
am also going to do some updates - and just see if this will correct the
problem.

A little brief, but the word is now out ... let the fun begin.

[RNZ]