[tech] Computer Hardware Advice

Tech at ucc.asn.au Tech at ucc.asn.au
Mon Apr 7 21:16:47 WST 2014

On the forum, trs80 said:

Quote: sK0pe wrote:Sorry had 2 midsems.  That was a query and an example.I was looking at the 780 TI and the R9 290x but had no idea about that AnandTech article.I'll be saving some money up to grab one of the two.Also, what are people's recommendations on CPU upgrades (strictly gaming purposes).  I'm currently till on a Nehalem i7.Which would be a better expenditure -Upgrading the CPU and therefore motherboard and RAMJust installing an SSD and wait till the next architecture (I'm still running off a 6 year old WD Velociraptor as my system drive)

SSD, no contest. How much RAM do you currently have?

-----
Note: HTML content in the forum post may have been lost.
View the forum post here: https://forum.ucc.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=30&p=139&e=139

Tech at ucc.asn.au