[tech] Proposed new clubroom machine

Frames oxinabox at ucc.asn.au
Thu May 14 00:38:07 AWST 2015

Low end looks great.
Midrange is good also for the marginally better CPU.
(The rest is pretty what ever)

High end has nothing of value in it.
PCI SSD hard drives are basically a joke at the performance increase to
cost point
(Last time I checked they actually preformed worse, but I heard they got
better.)
and in particular we would get little gain from it since our machines
are never shut down,
and we couldn't really happily install games on it -- it will file
pretty fast,
and most our speed/storage issues is log-in delay is cost we haven't
quiet got the file storage for profiles working right.

The rest of the high end cost is for up market versions of normal part
(with some very small performance gains).

[*OX]

Jordan Meerwald wrote:n