[tech] Looking for inspirational and educational uses for an HTC Vive

Oscar Hermoso oscarhermoso852 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 17:16:47 AWST 2016

Hi UCCers,

At the start of this year, one of my goals was to acquire a Vive headset
for the club. Our committee applied for a Special Projects Grant through
the Guild, but we got less money than we expected. Committee has still been
understandably reluctant to spend the money so I began looking into other
avenues to get one.

A close friend of mine received a free headset from Gabe Newell after
contacting him personally about converting his game to VR, so I also sent
him a message, hopefully so that he could extend his generosity to UCC.

Gabe quickly forwarded my email to an organisation known as foundry10, of
which he is a cofounder. foundry10 are all about forward-thinking teaching
and learning, and have a VR program where they distribute Vives to
organisations so that they can run their own inspirational and educational
experiences.

And here we are, we've done a little brainstorming at committee meeting
today, but for UCC to get a Vive, we really need to come up with some
unique and cool ideas to pitch to foundry10.

All ideas are welcome and appreciated, anything that could be enhanced or
explored with VR, really.

Thanks in advance,

[CHS]