[tech] Resolved! Re: Koha is Down

Nick Bannon nick at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Wed Nov 21 19:19:21 AWST 2018

On Mon, Nov 12, 2018 at 10:32:44PM +0800, Nick Bannon wrote:
> TODO: Clear or reset the sessions?

Success! Thanks, Blair.
We did a relatively surgical SQL fix: drop and recreate an empty
koha.sessions table, we did not do a complete backup and restore.

cron.daily "koha-run-backups --days 21 --output /var/spool/koha" on the
unisfa-koha machine was clogged up with files from another instance;
so new files were not being kept in any case. Fixed.

However now we still need some kind of introduction and technical
handover. Blair and I would like to propose Monday 2018-12-10.

Has there been any interest expressed so far? or can we drum some up
and see who might be available for that afternoon or evening?

Ideally, we're after 1st or 2nd year members with an interest in CS,
sysadmin, LAMP and/or programming. Any member of both UCC and UniSFA is
a good candidate.

  * Testing checklist: _is_ Koha functional?
    What needs checking, with what logins?
  * Logins and familiarisation
    * http://unisfa-koha.ucc.asn.au/
    * http://unisfa-koha.ucc.asn.au:8080/ admin interface
    * SSH
    * mariadb/mysql , mysqldump
    * phpmyadmin
    * proxmox
  * unisfa-koha VM
    * VM host interface (proxmox), can be checked with "unisfa" user
    * configure email (backups, overdue notifications)
    * /etc/cron.daily/koha-common
    * configure remote logging, fail2ban
    * prepare OS upgrade from oldstable to stable
    * prepare regular Koha upgrade
	deb http://debian.koha-community.org/koha stable main
    * offsite backups

Nick.

--
   Nick Bannon   | "I made this letter longer than usual because
nick-sig at rcpt.to | I lack the time to make it shorter." - Pascal