[tech] PHP5 turnoff and mussel upgrade

Andrew Adamson bob at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Tue Apr 9 19:10:37 AWST 2019

Hi All,

I have turned off mod_php5 on mussels apache config, and enabled mod_php7,
since php5 is end of life. This will quite possibly break some things,
however those things are going to have to be upgraded to suit php7. Also
we cannot run both versions concurrently. Technically, the replacement
php7.0 module is already end-of-life as well, but the current debian
stable version doesn't have any newer candidates...and anything being
fixed for php7.0 should be fine when we move to php7.3. I note the webcams
page php script needs a bit of tweaking to suit.

Regarding the availability of packages, I see that Debian Buster is in
full-freeze since March 12, so we could realistically look at upgrading
now.

Andrew Adamson
bob at ucc.asn.au

|"If you can't beat them, join them, and then beat them."                |
| ---Peter's Laws                                                        |