[ucc-announce] Sleepover Wrap-up

Chas Stan-Bishop [email protected]
Wed Nov 26 06:06:25 2003

Hello everyone,

The sleepover has been and gone for another year, and while it wasn't as
big as last year, we did okay given all the problems. We can't be sure of
exact numbers until fridge stocktakes have been made and we have spoken to
PAC, but we raised something in the vicinity of $1000-$1200.

I would like to give a huge thank you to everyone who helped out in
various ways, including those who watched the door during the night and
those who helped me with (i.e. did ;P) cleaning up, but special mention
must go to:

Chris Bobridge - This guy is the standout performer, as he handled the
risk management stuff. Without his efforts, the event wouldn't have
happened. On top of that he also did an awful lot of random running
around.

Oliver Mailes, James Andrewartha, Stephen Griffiths and the guys from
UWAnime - these were the people who helped out with a lot of the other
random things we had to organise. Thanks to the UWAnime crew for
organising the anime screening - hopefully you guys will get involved next
year as well.

Cameron McFarland for the use of his projector, VFAC (and the othe
occupants of that room) for the use of their clubroom, and various
people for having their computers available for the LAN.

Jen McCutcheon for her outstanding fundraising efforts - she collected by
far the most sponsorship, with a little over $250. Certainly the Luke
Dunlop of 2003 ;)

Lastly, thank you to everyone who attended, even though some of you
took some convincing *grin*. Much fun was had, and with any luck next year
will be bigger and better (with more people collecting sponsorship). It is
certainly likely to face less trials :)

See you next year,
Chas.