[ucc-announce] UCC News: Aug 2nd 2006

Davyd Madeley davyd at madeley.id.au
Wed Aug 2 16:20:34 WST 2006

Uncompressing image....................... ok
booting UCC News...
 _ __   _____      _____  _   _  ___ ___   __ _ ___ _ __    __ _ _   _
| '_ \ / _ \ \ /\ / / __|| | | |/ __/ __| / _` / __| '_ \  / _` | | | |
| | | |  __/\ V  V /\__ \| |_| | (_| (__ | (_| \__ \ | | || (_| | |_| |
|_| |_|\___| \_/\_/ |___(_)__,_|\___\___(_)__,_|___/_| |_(_)__,_|\__,_|

UCC News, the University Computer Club's adhoc, adlib and ad-free
fortnightly news source.

In this issue:
 - Special General Meeting
 - Upcoming Events
   - Quiznight Megabattle
   - 0x20th Birthday dinner
 - T-shirts

=======================
Special General Meeting
=======================
As you may have read, UCC OCM Matt Johnston has resigned from his
position as OCM due to full time work commitments starting this
semester. Thus we are obliged to hold an SGM to elect his successor.
This SGM will be happening on Tuesday the 15th of August in the Cameron
Hall Loft. The meeting will start at 1pm. We hope the meeting will be
over quickly, but you can bring your lunch if you want.

You will have received another email on this already, but to paraphrase:

  This meeting serves to elect a new Ordinary Committee Member to replace Matt
  Johnston. Nominations in advance are not required, if you wish to nominate
  yourself or another person, you can do so at the meeting.

  As with previous UCC general meetings, voting will done by the "N-1" system.
  Unlike other Cameron Hall clubs, the UCC does not allow voting by proxy. Voting
  over the Internet is NOT be permitted as it makes it very hard for the returning
  officers. Only financial members of the club may vote in the SGM.

==========
Quiz Night
==========
Mark it in your diaries, the UCC vs. UniSFA Quiznight Megabattle is
happening on August 25th in the UWA Tavern. Start getting your table of
6-10 ready as tickets will go on sale soon. Rounds will be table vs
table, interround competitions will be club vs club, so don't worry
about what club you want your table to be.

===================
UCC Birthday Dinner
===================
UCC is turning 32/0x20/2^5 and no matter how you look at it, we think
that's a great reason to have a celebration. So this year we're having
dinner at the Royal Perth Yacht Club on the 15th of September. The three
course meal (with vegetarian options) will cost around $40. Members past
and present are welcome as are partners and UniSFAns. More details as we
finalise them.

(If you have the email addresses of any old-guard members who won't have
received this message, please either forward it on, or send us their
email address. We'd love to get in touch with them.)

========
T-shirts
========
If you have preordered a UCC t-shirt, PLEASE pick it up and pay as soon
as possible. We might lock your account, otherwise, and you don't want
that!

If you didn't preorder (bet you're kicking yourself, huh?) there's still
a few available, so head down to the clubroom and look for a committee
member who can stick your name down for one.

--- ---
You have been reading UCC News. The fortnightly informal publication of
the UCC, whose writing is notably less boring that lectures on neural
network threshold gates.

--
Davyd Madeley

http://www.davyd.id.au/
08B0 341A 0B9B 08BB 2118  C060 2EDD BB4F 5191 6CDA