[ucc-announce] UCC News for 20060705

David Adam zanchey at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Wed Jul 5 15:12:25 WST 2006

murphy at localhost:~$ cd ucc-news
murphy at localhost:~$ cvs update
murphy at localhost:~$ make
 _   _  ____ ____   _   _
| | | |/ ___/ ___| | \ | | _____      _____
| | | | |  | |     |  \| |/ _ \ \ /\ / / __|
| |_| | |__| |___  | |\  |  __/\ V  V /\__ \
 \___/ \____\____| |_| \_|\___| \_/\_/ |___/
     version 20060705-cvs-nodebiancrack

In this edition:
- Upcoming Events:
  > UCC Zone3 921
  > Intervarsity LAN
- The UWA Pirate Handbook

===============
UPCOMING EVENTS
===============

UCC Zone3 921
-------------

There's still a few spots left! We're going to have an absolutely awesome
night, but please let us know you're coming.

For more details and to sign up:
  http://ucc.asn.au/zone3.ucc

Intervarsity LAN
----------------

The LAN with the highest IQ is on again! Held this year at ECU in Mt
Lawley,
Intervarsity LAN is a competition and social event hosted by UWA's UCC and
ECU's SCISSA - all are welcome (even if you're not at Uni).

It's on Saturday 22nd July, which is the weekend before Uni starts again -
perfect way to end the holidays!

Details and signups at:
  http://ucc.asn.au/ilan/

UWA Pirate Handbook
===================
(from [TRS])

With exams finished, now is an excellent time for you to update the UWA
Pirate Handbook with information about the units you did last semester.

The Pirate Handbook is intended to help students choose which units to do,
much like the official handbook. The main difference is that rather than
being the boring stuff like the aims and philosophies of the unit, it
contains actually useful information - how hard the unit is, what the
lecturer is like and what is actually taught.

It can be updated by anyone and everyone, so jump on to
  http://wiki.ucc.asn.au/
and add your units, lecturers, and whatever else you can think of.

(Please be careful not to libel anyone, though - see
http://wiki.ucc.asn.au/HowToWrite for some guidelines.)

This edition of UCC News was brought to you by UltraEdit 8.0, now in
32-bit!

make: completed
murphy at localhost:~$