[ucc-announce] Charity Vigil Report

Jen McCutcheon velithya at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Sat Sep 9 09:31:05 WST 2006

Hey everyone,

firstly a big thank you to everyone who attended. We had total attendance
somewhere in the vicinity of 90-100 people across the night, and everyone
seemed to be enjoying themselves when I poked my head into various rooms.

secondly I would like to thank our sponsors, Madman Entertainment and the
Co-op Bookshop. These guys sponsor us every year and a big thanks to them
for getting up and supporting us and the charity.

thirdly congratulations and thanks to everyone who raised more money than
required to enter. There were about six or seven people who had $100 or
more on their sponsorship forms, and props to Oliver Mailes, who raised
the most sponsorship.

fourthly what you've all been waiting for: the total sponsorship money +
money from the raffle has been counted. The progressive total for the
charity vigil so far, NOT COUNTING club money which has yet to come in, is
$3001.55. OVER THREE THOUSAND DOLLARS. I AM SO PROUD etc, I haven't slept
in over 24 hours so bear with me :)

fifthly and finally, thank you to everyone who has stayed to help clean
up. It was very much appreciated.

THANKS FOR COMING EVERYONE, final total should be announced in the next
two weeks.

Sleep deprived,

Jen McCutcheon
Vigil Subcommittee