[ucc-announce] iPhone/iPad hackers wanted

Bob Adamson bob at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Fri Jul 9 13:57:34 WST 2010

Hi All,

I have received an email from Dr Nathan Scott (from engineering) asking for
UCC's help. Nathan does some work for Dreamfit, more info available at
http://www.dreamfit.com.au/dreams/Dreamcatcher.aspx

In short, he's trying to find someone who has done some iPhone/iPad iOS hacking
and would be willing to help write some apps to interface with some sort of
embedded device. While he is attempting to sign up for the Apple university
development program, a severe case of paperwork is hindering his progress.

He is prepared to pay for someone's time - say a couple of hours worth - to be
negotiated.

I think this is a great opportunity for UCC to help out the wider community,
however I don't know if anyone has experience in the area. UCC would certainly
support anyone working on the project, and we are signing up for the Apple
MFi program (http://developer.apple.com/programs/mfi) to make things a
little easier. If anyone is able to help with this, please contact myself
or Nathan directly.

Bob Adamson
UCC Treasurer

|"Bureaucracy is a challenge to the be conquered with a righteous        |
|attitude, an intolerance for stupidity, and a bulldozer when necessary" |
| ---Peter's Laws                                                        |