[Uccarbor] Skeleton project

Luke Williams shmookey at shmookey.net
Sun Dec 3 15:22:54 WST 2006

On 12/3/06, Cameron Patrick <cameron at ucc.asn.au> wrote:
> *blink*  This is a demo we're writing.  Configuration is a non-issue.
> You double-click it and it runs.

A lot of demos offer configuration before they start, but you're right
in that it it's not an issue. There's a host of other benefits to a
scripting language though, so unless you're opposed I'll build in Lua.

On 12/3/06, Leighton Haynes <dayta at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au> wrote:
> I think C++ is the way to go for this. I'm actually tempted to try and
> use some 3rd party 3d engine. There's a few of them around, and they'll
> make life _so_ much easier. Thoughts?

This sounds like a good idea, though the only ones I've used are
Irrlicht and Auran Jet and I hated both of them. They've probably
matured quite a bit since then though. Do you have anything in mind?

luke