[Unigames] Unigames AGM 2016 Minutes

Ruisi Chen 21487925 at student.uwa.edu.au
Thu Mar 17 11:48:40 AWST 2016

*Unigames AGM 2016 Start Time: 1:06PM Present: INTRODUCTION REPORTS
President - Sarah Lewis             Hi nerds,I think 2015 went OK.In
Semester 1 -     we     had our first Prosh event,     -     we     became
sanctioned by Wizards of the Coast and ran our first official     Magic
pre-releases -     we     struck a great deal with Perth Escape Hunt for
our members to enjoy     super-value escape room events.     -     We
ran Magic drafts almost every week, along with one-shots and board
games events every now and whenever -     and     we fixed the fridge
door!We also collaboratively ran the Cameron Hall Quiz Night and
Masquerade.  And finally we ran Unigames [REDACTED], AKA Unigames ‘Camp’.
Which was amazing. I was stuck in a game of board game of thrones for 6
hours, but I also didn’t have to clean up any vomit, so good work
everyone!At the halfway point 2015 was looking pretty good…But I think
things really started going our way when Rowan finally left.In Semester 2
we collaboratively ran the Cameron Hall Charity Vigil.We created our first
Relay for Life team which got full 2 months before the event. Maybe we are
the sports club.We also ran our first Relay for Life charity event,
Role-play for Life, which saw Cam and Jake try to GM for 24 hours straight.
We didn’t make it, 17.5 hours is where we got, but all that means is that
we have to do it again this year and try not bring absolute shame onto all
our families this time.During semester two we also faced a few weeks where
there were so many simultaneous campaigns running that at one point there
were 6 running on the same evening. That is truly ridiculous and I’d like
to thank everyone involved.I would also like to thank every member of my
committee.Steven for carrying everything I didn’t.Jen for keeping the money
so safe, and, along with Ruisi, saving our camp from Guild.Ruisi for
writing some minutes despite her laptop falling victim to our
Secretary-curse, and running both vigils, and the fresher welcome last
week.Winslade for being Librarian in semester one and organising the
Cameron Hall Quiz Night.Ryan for being OCM then Librarian, and always
showing up at any SOC or Relay meeting I couldn’t at the shortest
notice.Taylor for running so far in relay for life, when everyone slept she
kept on walking. Donald for being what Unigames did for the Magic
community.Kieran for coming to meetings sometimes and for bringing war
games more back than they had been in recent recorded history. Until
yesterday. But these kids are nuts. We wish them all the best.Mitchel for
joining us in Sem 2 and being super keen and picking up our one-shots!And
Jake for a fun few weeks of lower house gridlock.Final thanks to everyone
who came to our events, ate our food, and put up with the sheer volume of
posts I made on the FB group. This has been the best year of my sad nerdy
life. I hope you loved it too.xxxxxxxxVice President - Steven Correia To
contradict sarah, I think 2015 went really well, there were lots of people
coming in and out of committee after jake stepped down. winslade graduated
and became a real person, ryan stepped up and so did Mitchel. Got the
fresher campaigns going, did better than jake within 2 days. Camp was
basically already done so i didn't have anything to touch, served alcohol.
Second great unigames dice buy, only got it done because all the old dice
buy stuff was on the archives. Did the one shots which mitchel helped with
when he came in in sem 2. Spearheaded O-day and club carnival. 236 members,
over 100 freshers, within 2 weeks of semester we have reached last years
total. Treasurer - Jen van den Avoort Final totals:(Start 2015):
4778.02(End 2016): 3852.23(Difference): -925.79Yes this is fine because we
have so many more assets (some to sell and make more $$ off)Additional club
assets:Approx $1800-$1900 in MTG2nd Great Unigames Dice Buy: 5x 7 dice
sets, 2x 10x D10’sPlus all 2015 book buys totalling - $1760.55 Changes to
Treasurely duties:•    Club accounts moved to Westpac, The new account
statements are useless and tell you nothing. I would recommend keeping a
separate record of club transactions. Nothing else has changed in regards
to how we can access the money.•    Uniprint has moved to prepaid accounts
rather than postpaid. The new treasurer must occasionally check this
account balance and top it up if needed.Secretary - Ruisi ChenWe’ve had an
incredible year, we had over 30 events just on the facebook page alone -
not including all the weekly campaigns and games you guys run for
yourselves. I’ve had the opportunity to personally be apart organising of
events such as the first cameron hall ball (which I did the catering for,
you’re welcome), the collaborative charity and uncharity vigil, as well as
the fresher welcome to name a few. Mostly in the form of paperwork and
being incredibly anxious during set-up. Most of my roles have been running
around doing set up and filling out forms, and also constantly spamming the
facebook page - sorry not sorry. Thank you all for being shit nerds, whom I
love dearly. Librarian - Ryan Hall-spent a good portion of the half year
learning the position, was fun though and learned a lot.- want to implement
a few organizational things to improve the ease of the job, as well as the
club's operations. We should write down things on the shelf so we actually
know what's missing.Fresher Representative - Talor Home Freport: The use by
is today, does that mean it’s fine or no?Frep aka-        Fresh Princess of
Bel Leia-        Stale Rep-        Frozen Rep-        Defrosted Rep-
       Sweaty Rep-        Spicy Rep-        Foreign Rep12 months ago, I
identified a problem. A problem that had been ignored for many years. I
speak of none other… than the Unigames fridge. For too long, our members
were forced to leave their chairs to access drinks, to duck before someone
bought an ice cream… but no more. Thanks to the DIY skills of myself,
Fryan, or “Frames-Ryan” and UCC’s tool supply, the fridge door now opens in
the other direction! [hold for applause]-        Quiz night fresher table-
       Prosh-        Nearly died of panto plague-        Camp-        First
aid officer (worst injury was my own)-        Cracked 6 dozen eggs, only
dropped one into a clean tray under the bench-        Fed everyone a whole
bunch of suspicious blancocks (blue-pancake-cocks)-        On the quiz
running team-        Declared #mostbard (brought 3 instruments, led a
campfire singalong)-        Got a fresher campaign to happen Sem 2-
       Contributed to best splat buy of the year Trucks 2: Electric
get-trucked-by-space-without-lube-        Charity Vigil first aid officer-
       Roleplay for Life (it will totally be better this year)-
       Relay for Life (24 hours no sleep, 60 laps no training, UniGains
best team)-        #don’tsleepforcharity2k15-        Lord of can openers-
       Nosi Goreng at Tav Bookbuy-        Wrote the Fresher Guide-
       Started Cam Hall Freshers-        What are all these Freshers-
       Too many Freshers-        Did the muffukin Fresher Campaigns like
wohOCM - Donald Sutherland "What we did for the Magic Community"I came into
my role as OCM expecting to be the Magic Representative for the year.
Instead, I ended up being Secretary for half of it.Since the very start of
the year, me and Jen along with the support of the rest of the committee
 have started running official Magic Prereleases, which is a huge step
forward for the Magic community at UWA and beyond. Most prerelease happen
in the city center, or south of the river. Hosting prereleases at UWA has
provided a venue for people to play at that doesn't involve a huge amount
of travel.The weekly drafts that ran throughout semester were also a great
success with the players, with eight or more players regularly coming down
to play with the newest sets, earning additional booster pack prizes and
promo cards.In the summer break, we also experimented with a few Thursday
Modern nights, which were not bad. Further talk will be had with the
Committee about the running of these events in the future, although not too
near in the future, because the current Modern Metagame kinda stinks.For
the non-Magic related tasks that I've done this year, I've been on numerous
food runs, helped design the new Membership stickers based on the
"suggestions" of Winslade, kept the clubroom open for ages, and taking over
the role of Secretary for the latter half of the year.For me personally,
this has been a great role to take part in throughout 2015, and I hope I
can continue to take my Magic role into my new position on the
Committee.#Donald4Secretary2k16OCM - Mitchel Phillips ·         Been OCM
since semester 2.·         Did stuff, like organise oneshots (e.g. 13th
Age, Monsters and other childish things, etc).·         Living at Uni Hall
is really convenient for organizing these events.·         Got kicked out
of Uni Hall due to end of lease date.·         Left Perth to go home for 3
months.·         Played Warframe entire time.·         *might have a
problem*·         Got back and organised recent D&D one-shot·         AKA
Fresher Welcome Part II·         So many freshers·         Realised I can
say that because I’m stale now·         Big thanks for GM’s for not
drowning under freshers·         Already have plans for next oneshot and
other events.·         Depends if I get elected for OCM.OCM - Kieran
BrownEugh. I’m pretty sure I ran at least three events. IPP - Rowan Ashwin
I learnt to let go. Committee needs to help new committee get on their
feet. Archive system is still being used (he is glad of this), we’re doing
masquerades now (also happy about this). PICK RETURNING OFFICERSLeonard and
Frames SUSPEND STANDING ORDERS Suspended VOTING POSITION OF PRESIDENTRuisi
Chen - President  POSITION OF FRESHER REPRESENTATIVE Gavin Tay Fernandez -
Fresher Rep POSITION OF VICE PRESIDENT Ahmed Kandil - Vice President
POSITION OF TREASURERTaylor Home - Treasurer POSITION OF SECRETARYDonald
Sutherland - Secretary POSITION OF LIBRARIAN Edward Kammann - Librarian
POSITION OF OCM Liam SpenceLiam RunicmanBenjamin SlusarczykREINSTATE
STANDING ORDERS Sarah Lewis confirmed for IPP GENERAL BUSINESS - Meeting of
new committee now - If people are doing to be running events this year,
overflow is going to be a massive problem, we have the opportunity to book
space after hours (needs a week's notice) - Anyone can suggest events, just
come to committee if you want help running them- Gatekeepers should hand in
their gatekeepers forms asap (form in room) - Swancon premier fan run not
for profit convention, fairly expensive, but you can volunteer (fun)
teaching people to play boardgames, top notch boardgames players to help-
Fresher Liam runs a larp thing, people can come for free, free drinks
(alcoholic) for volunteers End Time: 3:06PM *