[Unigames] Unigames Weekly Update - 16th September

Donald Sutherland donald at sutherland.id.au
Mon Sep 16 17:55:53 AWST 2019

Hello everyone! We missed a week last week, so let's make up for it.

*News*
We had an Ordinary General Meeting! The following notable things happened
at it:

   - James Blacker was suspended for 12 months.
   - Most of the proposed constitutional changes passed. (Except some
   spelling changes)
   - This includes the change to have a 4th OCM, so we elected a new one!
   - Congratulations to Kyle Barrow, Unigames 4th OCM of 2019! (to be
   officially added to committee once SOC approves our new constitution)

Also this past weekend we had our annual Roleplay for Life event! The event
raised $781.45 for our Relay for Life team! Good job everyone!

*Minutes*
Minutes for today's committee meeting can be found here
<https://unigames.ucc.asn.au/opdocs/minutes/2019/2019-09-16-unigames-minutes.md>
.
Minutes for last week's committee meeting can be found here
<https://unigames.ucc.asn.au/opdocs/minutes/2019/2019-09-09-unigames-minutes.md>
.
Minutes for the OGM can be found here
<https://unigames.ucc.asn.au/opdocs/minutes/2019/2019-09-10-unigames-ogm-minutes.md>
.
All three are attached to this email as well.

*Upcoming events!*

   - 40K One-shot - 19th September @ 5PM
   Come play a one-shot in the grim dark future! GMs Stuart and Winslade
   will be running games of Wrath and Glory and Dark Heresy respectively!
   Event link here <https://www.facebook.com/events/354966272048820/>.
   - LARP1001 - 21st September @ 1PM
   Learn to LARP more! Swing pool noodles and play fun tournaments in a
   free, no pressure environment! Drop in-drop out, and water provided!
   Event link here <https://www.facebook.com/events/1346741508825003/>.
   - Charity Vigil - 28th/29th September
   Staying up all night for charity, again! This time all of Cameron Hall
   is getting in on the fun. We're raising money for the Guild Food Pantry.
   Entry is $5, which puts you in the draw for a door prize. There's also a
   raffle and pizza run!
   Event link here <https://www.facebook.com/events/382832545740370/>.
   - MtG: Throne of Eldraine Prerelease - 29th September
   Arthurian Camelot meets Grimms' Fairy Tales in the magic world of
   Eldraine, Magic's latest expansion! Play in a four round sealed tournament
   for prizes a week before the set officially launches!
   Event going up soon.
   - Relay for Life - 12th/13th October
   Staying up all night for charity, again again! This time we are
   exercising to raise money for Relay for Life and the Cancer Council.
   Event link here <https://www.facebook.com/events/654793701698102/>.
   - Cameron Hall-oween! - 26th October
   October is spook-tober, and we celebrate that with Cameron Hall-oween, a
   party that will send shivers up your spine! Food is provided, drinks are
   purchasable, and the spooks are great! 18+ event.
   Event link here <https://www.facebook.com/events/411680826018786/>.

Thanks for reading everyone, hope you have a great week!

Be nice, roll dice!
- Donald Sutherland
Unigames Secretary 2019