[tech] This just leaked...

James Devenish devenish at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Mon Apr 10 16:35:50 WST 2000

On Mon, Apr 10, 2000 at 04:30:41PM +0800, Grahame Bowland wrote:
> The people doing it haven't even produced valid SGML. There isn't a DOCTYPE
> on the top of their doucments, and they look like they've been produced with
> some kindof non-notepad tool :-)

LOL, but sadly true.

> Considering this is a folio site, I'm guessing this is real. Mel Weise said
> at SOC the other night that they had accepted a tender.

I have just asked the Guild Marketing Officer and he says they are still considering tenders.

> Anyway, I can't see
> why this frontpage is done in Flash - there isn't anything there that
> can't be done in HTML, except for the moving line.

I think (read: hope) the Flash is just what is being done to try and secure the tender. The moving line is merely what appears while the Flash loads (=> it would be redundant if this splash page were done with HTML intrinsic events).

--