[tech] morwong - pt2

Simon Fryer fryers at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Sat Apr 15 16:07:42 WST 2000

Bong

> A while ago Simon Fryer tapped:

> > A while ago Grahame Bowland tapped:
>
> > a tonne of other free and much used stuff (gcc 2.8.1, will try for
> > 2.9.x but I keep running out of hard drive space.)
>
> Umm, did you use GCC or CC. CC is far better on morwong. I started on findutils
> last night but, after bashing the configure script to ignore gcc I had
> compilation problems and then decided it was late enough and went to bed.

Just had a look. The fileutils are not in /usr/local/bin/. I decided to start
copying them from my box. Have not completed it yet. locate does work but you
are a bit short of an update database at the moment. Will fix more problems
later.

See Ya
Simon

"Well, an engineer is not concerned with the truth; that is left to
philosophers and theologians: the prime concern of an engineer is
the utility of the final product."
Lectures on the Electrical Properties of Materials, L.Solymar, D.Walsh