[tech] morwong - pt2

Grahame Bowland gbowland at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Sat Apr 15 22:06:26 WST 2000

On Sat, Apr 15, 2000 at 08:25:07PM +0800, David Manchester wrote:
> > Just had a look. The fileutils are not in /usr/local/bin/. I decided to start
> > copying them from my box. Have not completed it yet. locate does work but you
> > are a bit short of an update database at the moment. Will fix more problems
> > later.
>
> Grr grr wobble footle.
>
> Do you guys want to hold it on the maik morwong mods until after
> we've moved to the new disks, in case any of your efforts are in vain ?

Oh, I thought we'd just magic the file system across.

Anyway, I dug up a 'top' for DU (the latest version of the one on the
freeware CD) and got that working. Also the latest gcc installed.

The main reason I'm setting up gcc is because quite a lot of programs are
broken and won't compile without it. I haven't installed findutils, but
the fileutils like 'du' and 'install' are in /usr/local/bin. They're the
GNU versions - the DU ones are in their old places.

--
Grahame Bowland

Email: gbowland(a)gbowland.com           Web: http://www.gbowland.com/