[tech] Getting mooneye to be a NIS slave

James Andrewartha trs80 at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Thu Sep 28 20:51:24 WST 2000

I've been reading up on NIS, and how to set mooneye up as a slave to
morwong, which would obviously help in the "morwong bounces == mail
sucks" department. It seems fairly straightforward, the only thing
stumping me atm is how to create a map ypservers, which contains the slave
servers to morwong. It needs to be the dbm map
/var/yp/domainname/ypservers.{dir, pag} I have little idea how to create
this, making a file ypservers in /var/yp/src with mooneye in it and then
running make in /var/yp doesn't work, probably because there is no target
to do it. The DEC docs are rather unhelpful in saying how to create the
map ypserves, does anybody have any ideas?

I also limited the NIS server to only accept requests from 130.95.13.*

--
"There's nobody getting rich  |  TRS-80              UCC Fresher Rep
 writing software that I      |  Email:    trs80(a)ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au