[tech] Post-cleanup notes

James Andrewartha trs80 at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Tue Jul 31 00:48:00 WST 2007

Manbo has been upgraded to Solaris Express b69. This means passwords work
for login again, and there might be some performance improvements[1] from
using a separate ZFS intent log on the A1000 with battery-backed cache.

I was upgrading flying to Etch, but I managed to make it unbootable, and
the hermesap patch is only for Linux 2.4. So I pulled out the Lucent card
and stuck it in one of the Lucent APs donated by Arts, and have stuck the
video capture card into maroon.

Alex and I disassembled the LCDs with broken PSUs, the same capacitor (a
35V 1000uF electrolytic) was blown in each. So it should be fairly easy to
fix them.

[1] http://blogs.sun.com/perrin/entry/slog_blog_or_blogging_on

# UCC Wheel Member     http://trs80.ucc.asn.au/ #|  what squirrels do best     |