[tech] Removal of my machine 'spaghetti' and note about game server 'heath'

Patrick Coleman blinken at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 10:34:05 WST 2009

On Sun, Jun 21, 2009 at 6:58 PM, Rufus Garton
Smith<rvvs89 at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Due to the growing number and magnitude of thefts at UCC, I have removed my
> desktop machine 'spaghetti' that was previously positioned next to the
> machine room. We clearly need to investigate some way of securing hardware
> in the clubroom to make it harder for thieves to walk out with expensive
> items like LCD monitors.

Has UCC looked into Kensington locks at all? Most devices have a lock
point, and bolting brackets to the desk is doable. There are ways to
break them, but it'll make it a bit harder to steal stuff.

-Patrick

--
http://www.labyrinthdata.net.au - WA Backup, Web and VPS Hosting