[ucc-announce] Notice of Annual General Meeting - Tuesday 12th March, 2013

blackknight at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au blackknight at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Sun Mar 3 22:42:08 WST 2013

Greetings,

This email is the official notice of the upcoming UCC Annual General Meeting
for 2013, occurring at 1pm on Tuesday, 12th of March in the Guild Council
Meeting Room on the second floor of the Guild Hall. If you don't know where
this is, meet in the clubroom shortly before the meeting and follow the
masses up there.

The election of the 2013 UCC Committee will occur at this meeting. As per
the UCC Constitution (link below), nominations may be made at any time prior
to the meeting or when called for at the meeting. You can nominate yourself
or be nominated by another member of the club. The Secretary should be
notified by email of any nominations prior to the meeting. Voting by proxy
and/or electronically submitted votes will not be permitted; you must appear
in person for your vote to count.

If you have not paid your 2013 membership fee prior to the meeting you will
not be permitted to vote. There will not be an opportunity to do so once the
meeting has commenced.

First year students are encouraged to run for the position of First Year
Representative. All first year students attending the meeting are
automatically nominated for this position, however first year students may
run for any position if they wish.

All 2013 members are eligible to stand for one of the three positions of
Ordinary Committee Member. Members who are students at UWA and are members
of the Guild may run for a position on the Executive (President,
Vice-President, Secretary, and Treasurer).

The agenda for this meeting will be posted on the UCC noticeboard and
ucc-announce mailing list four days prior to the AGM. If you have a motion
that you wish to be discussed, you must provide me with the notice of the
motion before 12 noon on Friday, 8th March. After this time, I will not
accept further topics. You may either email me or submit a written copy of
the topic you wish to discuss to our mailbox or the secretary's pigeon hole.

See the UCC Constitution for further information about the AGM, the
Committee, and UCC policies:

http://www.ucc.asn.au/infobase/policies/const.ucc#gen_meetings

If you have any further queries, please contact myself or any other
committee member.

Regards,

Dylan Kerr

UCC Secretary 2012