[Unigames] Committee meeting minutes 30/3
Jennifer Van Den Avoort
21315392 at student.uwa.edu.au
Mon Mar 30 18:49:24 AWST 2015
Unigames Committee Meeting Minutes 30/3/2015
Jen van den Avoort
Meeting opened: 2:00pm Sarah Lewis time
-Things are happening
-Spoke to guild president about [Redacted]
-Bought an entire quiz night table
-Lots to talk about in Action items/Agenda
-Prosh is happening, I hope for all the Princess Leia’s
-I love you all
Vice President [RIP]
-Got JVBs “car” (One day I will be a real person)
-Fresher campaign turnouts were ):
-Freshers had legit reasons for not coming apparently
- Figure out that frep has to be in a fresher campaign, whoops
-Prosh is a thing and I hate everyone, especially mornings.
-Will be coming as slave princess Leia (Just kidding, no one wants to see
- Got a brand new 5th edition core rulebook for free to replace our
constantly breaking copy (Jen is the best) (I'm not biased)
-Paid tactics back a silly amount of money
-Set up finance spreadsheet for better review of our monies, will be giving
in depth monthly recaps of our spending (Starting next week)
-Guild is slow, forever waiting for replies to emails about our account
-Prosh is a thing, will require so much coffee.
-Drowning in uni. Help.
-Quiz night almost done
- Still need to write questions, and get sponsor stuff
- Other news: nearly blew myself up in age of rebellion. Taylor, where were
you? (The one healer was absent….. oh no….)
- “Won” rogue trader (I really don’t know what that means)
- Have lots of reports on other stuff
Fresh princess of Bel Leia
-QD board games last week was a success and the officers were happy, they
would like to do it again in the future
- too much casuals, too much cards against humanity
-Finished first game (so fresh) “What do I do on Wednedays now?”
-Figured out I have to be in a fresher campaign, So many campaigns
(Winslade – “Get on my level”)
-This takes it to a Running total of 5 campaigns (Winslade - “nevermind”)
-The freshers exist
-Signed up freshers at 9pm (well past their bedtime)
-Been talking to UCC/Unisfa freps – going to start organising Cameron hall
fresher events, Ideas - gladiators? Cats? Freshers vs. Cat rap battle. I’m
so down for this.
*Action items/Agenda *(This is not my division. Don’t judge me)
- On hold, other things to deal with
One shots (Kieran/Sarah):
- Rip in many Kierans
-Sarah will now deal with this
- Guild has failed us again
-Have moved to UCC mailing list yay, hopefully will finally function
- unigames at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au is our new mailing list
- A Prosh email was sent out, it seems to be working? This seems to solve
-Sorry if you unsubscribed from our old one and were added to the new one,
life is hard.
-IF YOU ARE NOT GETTING OUR EMAILS PLEASE MESSAGE SARAH TO GET THIS FIGURED
Quiz Night (Winslade):
- Facebook event*s* are up, Facebook privacy settings are difficult, 3
separate pages was the “easiest solution” (the inefficiency is killing me).
Winslade gets so many notifications.
- Preliminary number of 40 tickets/club, will print off more when we become
-Tickets are now available in the clubroom, $10 per ticket or $70 for a
table of 8
-Talked to usual sponsors on Unisfa sponsor crawl, everyone seems on board
-Wants to throw the most amount of money at Tactics, Winslade will talk to
other committees about money allocation for prizes
- Will be sending out official-looking emails this week after wording
approval of committee
-Quiz night questions are the next task, Assemble the MC/judge squad!
-Winslade, Jake, Blair, Jono, Jordy are judges/MC’s
Fresher campaigns (Jake):
-Lots of freshers did not turn up to first session (lots of apologies)
-Apparently the freshers were not prepared for study levels required for
uni (their future looks bright, they are actually studying/figuring out
-They will be reassigned if they can no longer do their allocated days
-Taylor needs to be put in a fresher campaign, this will happen.
-Jake is unqualified for the job (unsurprisingly)
- This however will not stop him (never has, never will)
-PROSH IS THIS WEDNESDAY 1st APRIL AT STUPID O’CLOCK IN THE MORNING. We are
meeting in CAMERON HALL at 4:45am, please come as an edgy Princess Leia
- Jake cannot wake up that early, will most likely stay awake all night.
- PROSH IS A DRUG AND ALCOHOL FREE EVENT
- First Dragons of Tarkir draft was held, people seemed to enjoy the new
-Too many people, too few packs #nevercrackapack
-Jen has sourced super cheap booster boxes, they are on the way. (5
dragons, 2 fate, 2 conspiracy) #totallylegitdeals #profit
-Bought drafting box of dragons/fate to tide us over until cheaper boxes
Learn to Play Magic
-Like last year, we can source free sample decks to teach people how to
- We can make event of it. Tactics is keen to collaborate with us more
-We will wait til June/July for MTG Origins (such hype!) as new sample
decks will be provided to Tactics
Online game timetables (Ruisi):
-Waiting for fresher campaigns to start
- Rip in so, so many Kierans
GM panel (fRyan):
-First GM panel is on its way, official announcement will go up after Prosh.
-Everyone keeps trying to steal GM panel timeslot
-No one is called Ryan anymore, nicknames only. “If I can’t be Ryan, No one
Book Buy (Winslade):
-Postponed until after Quiz night
Croft droft (Winslade):
-We have so much Tomb Raider (Pretty much all of it in WA)
-We will crack the packs at some camp/vigil
-Will hold off until events are closer
-Post-surgery, the fridge has been opened the wrong way 34 times
-We are pretty sure Cam and Cain are responsible for at least 1/3 of that
-The fridge handle is broken, has been fixed twice (Ty steven)
-As per the regulation implemented last year, the Librarian is to go to
Swancon, we will pay for one day worth of ticket
- The purpose? To look at local board games/RPGs we will want to pick up in
the near future
- Winslade is to go on the weekend, and bring Jen the receipt to be
-Why do you all leave your pizza boxes for me to deal with?
- In incredible news, People managed to find Cameron hall!
-The Couch under the stairs is gross, we should put a recycling bin there
-We could get a Mechanical pizza box press? This goes against the idea of
safety safe. Also it is not very hard to disassemble a pizza box
- “If people lose their arms, they don’t deserve their arms”
-Insert can puns-
Sarah to talk to other clubs about recycling in Cam hall
-NERDS ARE SO MESSY YOU ARE ALL FIRED
- Why is the floor so messy?
- Jake Jen’d out and swept the room this morning. (Ty)
-We can always borrow UCC’s stuff
-But seriously guys, I am not your mother, clean up after yourselves!
Cam Hall Ball (Rowan):
-Rowan suggested having the Tav as location (committee sighs)
-Hacket hall looks way classier, but the Tav is more accessible
- The Lazy nerds win.
- Rowan to revise EMP for venue
-Date: after camp? Week 12/13 weekend?
-Rowan to deal with (This is your problem now)
-Unigames keen to do poker
- (Rowan isn’t even here, how are so many of these things his?)
-Rowan has suggested we invest in a kickstarter
-Internet is difficult, we will assess it separately and discuss it on
St. Cat’s board games night (Sarah):
- “There will be snacks” Ok, Now I’m listening.
-Sarah told them we are keen, hopefully there will less casuals than
previous board games nights.
-Date: April 15th? 16th? This may interfere with GM panel. (Sorry fRyan)
-They want to take out games overnight. This is ok, we will get one of them
to sign them out as per usual library procedure
Enviro email (Sarah):
- We got an email something something meeting about the environment (Shrug,
I skimmed it)
- If people want to go to environment things, go ahead.
- Not my division.
Email from Pentable (Sarah):
- “Improv actors wanted for a filmed tabletop rpg happening over several
-This seems like fun if anyone is interested.
-Auditions are 11th “in perth”
-Jen to post to facebook group about this once we have more information.
Relay for life money goal (Sarah):
-Sarah to ask Unisfa what their goal usually is (We cannot let them win)
- $1500 is a rough estimate of our goal
-Let’s do the sports!
-Rowan’s membership is suspended, he is not allowed to come to club events
or use club materials
-To be reviewed at next general meeting.
-Number of times [Redacted] is [Redacted] because of [Redacted]: [Redacted]
- Jake has deferred from uni and will be standing down as VP for Unigames.
- We could: Boost OCM to VP and elect a new OCM or have Jake continue for 2
weeks and call an SGM to elect new VP
-None of the OCM’s want to/have time to be the VP
· ***IMPORTANT NEWS**** Unigames will hold an SGM in two weeks on
WEDNESDAY 15th APRIL at 1PM to elect a new VP.
-Frames nominated for life membership by Jake, seconded by Jen.
-Will add to SGM Agenda
Sarah: organise one shot, talk to other clubs about recycling in Cam hall,
Ask unisfa about Relay for life goals
Jake: fresher campaigns [RIP]
Jen: organise cheap magic products (toteslegit), post about Pentable when
we have more info
Ruisi: to talk to gatekeepers about quiz night tickets, figure out timetable
Winslade: talk to other clubs about money allocation for prizes, organise
quiz questions, do sponsor emails, go to Swancon
fRyan: update mailing list on websites, GM panel
Donald: magic stuff
Taylor: stay fresh
Rowan: to revise cam hall ball EMP (venue and date)
Ending meeting 3:21 Sarah time.
*Jen van den Avoort*
Unigames Treasurer 2015
"Everything is spaghetti"
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Unigames