[Unigames] Unigames Clubroom Update due to COVID-19

Joseph Brough (21970498) 21970498 at student.uwa.edu.au
Fri Mar 20 17:47:19 AWST 2020

Hey delightful nerds!

Due to everything going on in the world right now, both Unigames and the Guild have needed to make some big decisions about how the club can operate. Get ready for some all-caps because this is serious - please give it all a read.

CAMERON HALL IS CLOSING FOR THE FORSEEABLE FUTURE

Guild has, this afternoon, made the announcement that all access to Cameron Hall will be closed "by Sunday". This means our clubroom and library, as well as a host of other clubs, will be inaccessible for the forseeable future. The last day the room will be open is TOMORROW. We have no indication of when we will be able to access the space again, but we expect it will likely be a matter of months. This has several implications for us:

PLEASE RETURN YOUR LIBRARY ITEMS

If you currently have an item long-term borrowed from the library, please return it ASAP (before the room closes). We will be understanding of anyone unable to return items under this very strict time limit but sincerely request that you help us keep the library together as much as possible.

LONG-TERM BORROWING IS RESTRICTED

The Unigames library WILL be allowing borrowing of items for the period of the closure, with the following restrictions:

- Only books may be borrowed, no board games.

- If you wish to borrow an item, please message our page or a committee member ASAP. Borrowing will be approved on a case by case basis, please be sure to state the reasons you require the item.

If you are not able to visit the room within the time limit, ask a mate if they can make it in.

EVENTS ARE STILL ON

...On-line, that is. For the forseeable future, Unigames will be pivoting to games that can be played remotely. All information will go up on Facebook, but we strongly recommend you become a member of our Discord server as events will be running through there. (Not to mention there will be plenty of house-bound gamers keen for a casual game!)

DISCORD: https://discord.gg/gXrnSvA<https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fdiscord.gg%2FgXrnSvA%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR2qUMiU618iHeyJC1EuEUKc5ZV0Wtmvi7_z8Ia8c5cBH7Rc7nNMkNvav50&h=AT20IO7-V_CawDUhykkmo4bUsGZ-Lo2xUu8oN5uYIrZ6gu0ftKs4dGM1dSOdugYOmH4-RwGzpJyEX-Z1dCNUa6j8O3KRWBw5O6TDma0FldL4rikdxDiS5LretGZSBs0OxSuAcpHFIirI81gVVuZC-xFPC8J9qTZxg5VAp_peq2RHq8szv4kwoEJoIqWn>

In the coming week keep your eyes peeled for online Dominion and Microscope events!

THANK YOU

We know every single one of you has enough going on in your lives to need to be dealing with extra complications, and we thank you for being patient with us pivoting to a new mode of operation. If you have any concerns about anything Unigames-related, don't be shy to message me or any of committee. Stay safe, and keep rolling dice.

Autumn Brough

Unigames Secretary